A few reminders about Halloween:
- Appropriate costumes are welcome.
- Costume Parade, for elementary students only, on Halloween morning. The Costume Parade will go through the whole school and the Kindergarten class will lead it.
- A middle school dance is being organized by leadership students (dance is 1 hour). An alternate activity is also being arranged (board games, etc.) and will also be supervised.
- Students are encouraged to bring a food donation for the local food bank to the dance.
- Costumes must be as follows:
….be respectful to self and others
…..free of any promotion of alcohol, drugs, gangs, hate, obscenity, profanity, racism, discrimination, sex, or violence (gory is part of Halloween so this requires discretion 🙁)
……no weapons or “fake” weapons allowed
…..masks okay during Costume Parade and dance but not outside, or in hallways or classrooms (unless a teacher permits in the classroom). If at any time a student is asked to remove their mask by a staff member, the expectation is they will remove it. As for clowns, not banned, however, the scary clown is discouraged.