Welcome to Carlin
Elementary Middle School
Home of the Panthers!
Welcome to the 2019-20 school year. The weather has been terrific as we head towards school start up. In the spring and early summer staff plan and prepare student class placements for the September. However, due to registrations in August, and students arriving and leaving there is change. In the past week we have had significant registrations and thus the building of classes has continued.
Classes begin on Tuesday, September 3.
- For elementary students the welcoming bell goes at 8:37
- For middle school students 8:35.
Also on this first day:
- The current grade 1-5 school students who attended Carlin last year return to the room they were in last year.
- If you are new to Carlin and in grades 1 to grade 5, you go to the learning commons; where attendance will be taken and the day will begin.
- For the middle school, class lists will be posted in the hallway on the first day and students will go to those classes to begin their day.
Note: on the first day of school we dismiss three hours early:
- For elementary students dismissal is at 11:34
- For middle school students 11:44.
On Wednesday, September 4, classes are in session all day. Please be sure to check our new bell schedule for this year which can be found here,
Kindergarten students have a gradual entry to school and begin attending on Wednesday, September 4 from 8:40-9:40. Parents are asked to stay for this hour and meet with Mr. Ralston and participate with The Childhood Experiences Questionnaire (CHEQ).
** There is the potential that middle school classes may change once we know who is actually attending. In the elementary school, we will also be reviewing actual student attendance with the hope that students will be in their regular classes for the year as soon as possible. There are complex class size and composition issues that guide schools building their classes.
We look forward to welcoming all students and families to Carlin. We appreciate your support as we begin another school year. See you on Tuesday!